HomePublic AlertsAbout FPDCrime StatisticsCommunityForms DocumentsContact Us
Fitchburg Police Department - Fitchburg, Mass. Fitchburg Police Department
Our City...Stronger Together Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016

Forms and Documents
Alzheimer's Alert
House Checks
Firearm Licenses Instructions
Citizens on Patrol
Citizen Police Academy
Private Property Towing
Family Service Unit
Motor Vehicle Crash Report
Firearms Change of Address
Report of Drug Trafficking
Personal Criminal Record Request
Request For Sex Offender Information
Criminal History Record Request
Untitled Page

 Family Service Unit


You have the right to appear at the Superior, Probate and Family, District or Boston Municipal Court, if you reside within the appropriate jurisdiction, and file a complaint requesting any of the following applicable orders:  (a) an order restraining your attacker from abusing you;  (b) an order directing your attacker to leave your household, building or workplace;  (c) an order awarding you custody of a minor child;  (d) an order directing your attacker to pay support for you or any minor child in your custody, if the attacker has a legal obligation of support, and;  (e) an order directing your attacker to pay you for losses suffered as a result of abuse, including medical and moving expenses, loss of earnings or support, costs for restoring utilities and replacing locks, reasonable attorney's fees and other out-of-pocket losses for injuries and property damage sustained.

For an emergency on weekends, holidays, or weeknights the police will refer you to a justice of the superior, probate and family, district, or Boston municipal court departments.

You have the right to go to the appropriate District Court or the Boston municipal court and seek a criminal complaint for threats, assault and battery, assault with a deadly weapon, assault with intent to kill or other related offenses.

If you are in need of medical treatment, you have the right to request that an officer present drive you to the nearest hospital or otherwise assist you in obtaining medical treatment.

If you believe that police protection is needed for your physical safety, you have the right to request that the officer present remain at the scene until you and your children can leave or until your safety is otherwise ensured. You may also request that the officer assist you in locating and taking you to a safe place, including but not limited to a designated meeting place for a shelter or a family member's or a friend's residence, or a similar place of safety.

You may request a copy of the police incident report at no cost from the police department.



For additional help and information contact 



Battered Women's Resources (24 hr. Hotline)(978) 537-8601
Fitchburg District Court/Safe Plan Advocate(978) 345-8699
National Domestic Violence (Hotline)1-800-799-SAFE
Fitchburg Police Dept. Domestic Violence Advocate(978) 343-4551



 Other Information:


Court Advocacy for Juveniles:

The CASA Project, which stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates, CASAs help abused and neglected children navigate the Worcester County Juvenile Court System. For more information, please go to http://www.casaworcestercounty.org 

Copyright 2004 - Fitchburg Police Department
20 Elm Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420

Ph: (978) 345-4355
Fax: (978) 342-7608

Powered byThis site is powered by Figureseven, Inc. (www.figureseven.com)