A Clerk in the Auxiliary & Technical Services Division handles secretarial duties including filing, indexing, maintaining records and other duties as assigned by the Commander of Auxiliary and Technical Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help maintain records of attendance, prepare and submit weekly payrolls to the Auditor's office via the Chief's office.
- Help maintain records of cash receipts for the photocopy service.
- Help keep record of summonses issued from out-of-town Courts and Police Departments.
- File incident and crime data.
- Keep record of arrests as required.
- Operate copy machine for various types of reports, general orders, training bulletins, etc.
- Index names from reports to master index file.
- File reports and index data.
- Assist Officer-in-Charge in making out audit sheets for Registry of Motor Vehicles relative to traffic citations issued by local police officers.
- Make monthly summaries of individual officers and citations issued by same.
- Process accounts payable and receivable including purchase requisitions, police paid detail services, incentive payroll and other job training benefits.
- Prepare and type correspondence as required by the Chief of Police or the Auxiliary and Technical Services Commander.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Chief or his designee.