The Matron assists female prisoners as directed by the Officer-in-Charge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the Matron's quarters and women's cells in a state of cleanliness, order and good repair.
- Search all women prisoners when ordered to do so by the Officer-in-Charge, taking possession of all articles which might be used to effect an escape or suicide or be used as weapons. Handle all property taken in accordance with regular departmental procedures.
- Under the direction of the Officer-in-Charge, be responsible for the well being and safekeeping of all women prisoners.
- Communicate all significant information to the Officer-in-Charge of the desk.
- Care for lost children brought into the station house when requested to do so by the Officer-in-Charge.